Hermitage Piano Trio, will perform their GRAMMY® nominated Rachmaninoff’s 2nd Elegiac Trio. The trio are all sought after soloists around the world:
- Violinist Misha Keylin has sold hundreds of thousands of copies of his works and has garnered numerous accolades and awards, including “Critic’s Choice” by The New York Times,Gramophone, and The Strad.
- Cellist Sergey Antonov was one of the youngest cellists ever awarded the gold medal at the International Tchaikovsky Competition.
- Pianist Ilya Kazantsev has won many awards and honors including the International Chopin Competition (Russia) and the 2007 & 2008 World Piano Competitions.
They will be joined with a guest violist for a portion of the program.
Based in the United States, the Trio has recently been performing all over North America. The Trio’s debut CD – released in June 2019 – is comprised of the piano trios of Sergei Rachmaninoff: Trio élégiaque No. 1 in G minor; Trio élégiaque No. 2 in D minor, Op. 9; and Vocalise. Joining many other reviewers, The Strad lauded the release, praising its “outstanding playing in intense, heartfelt performances.”
GRAMMY® nominations for their 2019 Rachmaninoff album:
- Best Chamber Music/Small Ensemble Performance
- Best Engineered Album, Classical
- Producer Of The Year, Classical
“More striking even than the individual virtuosity was the profound level of integration among the players, who showed a rare degree of ensemble from beginning to end.” – The Washington Post
“Three of Russia’s most spectacular young soloists… turned in a performance of such power and sweeping passion that it left you nearly out of breath.” – The Washington Post
What is a Piano Trio? A trio for piano and two stringed instruments, usually violin and cello.
Arrive at 6:45 pm to see a First Listen performance – mini-concerts by talented local youth.